St. Colette Catholic School
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS FOR COACHES
All coaches are required to attend Virtus training, Mandated reporter training and complete a background check prior to being in contact with any student-athletes.
- Be on time for all practices, games and tournaments. Coaches are expected to arrive to practice 15 minutes early for practice and 30 minutes early for games.
- Coaches should be in attendance for all practices, games and tournaments. If you cannot make it you must contact the Athletic Director.
- Must determine the blend of skills training, team training and coaching philosophies with the Athletic Director.
- Build a “TEAM” Concept while providing excellent leadership to all your student-athletes.
- “Structure” all practices so that all student-athletes are skilled in the basic fundamentals of the sport. Scrimmages at every practice should not happen. Practices should be planned out with a detailed plan of what will be covered.
- Maintain order and discipline during practice, games and tournament.
- Maintain an open line of communication with your student-athletes, parents and Athletic Director.
- Supervise athletes at all times (never leave them unattended). Everyone of your players should be accounted for before you leave practice, game or tournament.
- Provide feedback on the overall SAS program to better it for the future.
- Conduct self in a professional manner. Promote good sportsmanship and provide a positive experience for all our student-athletes.
- Remember we are here for the student-athletes and every effort you make should be to develop them for the future. We are here to teach “life skills” not just the sport. Every student athlete should “climb the ladder”.
3940 Pheasant Drive
Rolling Meadows IL 60008