St. Colette Catholic School
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS FOR COACHES
All coaches are required to attend Virtus training, Mandated reporter training and complete a background check prior to being in contact with any student-athletes. Furthermore, all coaches should be:
- on time for all practices, games and tournaments. Coaches are expected to arrive to practice 15 minutes early for practice and 30 minutes early for games.
- in attendance for all practices, games and tournaments. If you cannot make it you must contact the Athletic Director.
- responsible for determining the blend of skills training, team training and coaching philosophies with the Athletic Director.
- work on building a “TEAM” Concept while providing excellent leadership to all your student-athletes.
- “structuring" all practices so that all student-athletes are skilled in the basic fundamentals of the sport. Scrimmages at every practice should not happen. Practices should be planned out with a detailed plan of what will be covered.
- maintaining order and discipline during practice, games and tournament.
- maintaining an open line of communication with your student-athletes, parents and Athletic Director.
- supervising athletes at all times (never leaving them unattended). Everyone of your players should be accounted for before you leave practice, game or tournament.
- providing feedback on the overall SAS program to make it better for the future.
- conducting themselves in a professional manner, as well as promoting good sportsmanship and providing a positive experience for all our student-athletes.
- remembering that we are here for the student-athletes and every effort you make should be to develop them for the future. We are here to teach “life skills,” not just the sport.
3940 Pheasant Drive
Rolling Meadows IL 60008